- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup unpopped popcorn
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (or butter)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon Spike seasoning
- a pinch or two of ground cayenne (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Combine nutritional yeast, Spike, cayenne and salt, and set aside.
Use an air popper or heat oil in a large saucepan or soup pot over medium-high heat. Add popcorn, and place the lid on the pan. Shake to coat kernels with oil. When the corn starts to pop, shake the pan constantly until the popping stops. Remove from heat, and pour popped corn into a large bowl.
Drizzle the olive oil or melted butter over the corn if using, and sprinkle with yeast mixture. Toss well, and serve.